Sunday, December 11, 2011

Merry Christmas From the Pridemores-2011




Merry Christmas 2011
As we reflect on the past year, we are reminded of the many blessings and the loss since our last Christmas letter. When I wrote last, I mentioned how thankful we were for another year with Mom. However, my Mom passed away on Christmas Eve, 2010. My sister, Dad and I were by her side and got to watch as she peacefully transitioned from her previous life of pain and forgetfulness into a body that can walk, talk and remember again. While this has been an incredible loss for our family, we do find hope in the fact that we will see her again and she will be whole. We also remember the joy of watching swim lessons, soccer games, t-ball and baseball games, three boys start school, pictures being colored, wrestling matches, playdough creations, and even DS’s being played and an endless series of Phineas and Ferb. I am amazed at how quickly they grow and change and find myself not wanting to miss a minute.
In November, Todd left his previous position of 12 years at Memorial Baptist Church after feeling called to a new ministry. He is now Food Drive and Special Events Coordinator at The Food Bank for Central and Northeast Missouri. It has been a blessing for him to get to minister in this new way and I often think about the people his work impacts in this tough economy. He continues to lead our small group ministry in our home on Friday nights and has started to lead us in worship at home as we search for God’s leading to our new church home.
I went back to teaching full time as the first grade reading support teacher at the Southern Boone Primary school and love it. It is taking some time to figure out how to balance a family of three busy boys and working full time, but it is so fulfilling to help little ones put the pieces together to be able to read. Another perk is I get to see Andrew in the halls at school.
Josh is now in third grade and doing very well. He continues to love playing soccer, reading, doing anything Pokemon related, and riling up his brothers. Josh seems to have found new confidence in third grade. He has made many good friendships and always wants to have someone over to the house to play with.
Andrew began Kindergarten in the fall and loves it! He revels in the time with friends and always has interesting tidbits to share. For example, one night as I was reading to Josh before bed, Andrew got up to tell me that he had made a “text-to-self connection” with the book I was reading. He continues to make us laugh with his wonderful sense of humor and silly faces.
Titus is 3 and began preschool in the fall. He also loves spending time with his friends and often shares which friend is his “best friend” that day. He has learned his letters so quickly and amazes us with the things he notices around him. He still loves playing anything with a ball or wheels and is not too far behind those big brothers in whatever they are doing.
Through grief and joy, one thing has been consistent, God’s love and good friends. We are grateful to count you as a friend.
Todd, Carolyn, Josh, Andrew and Titus Pridemore

No comments: