Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let the celebrations in heaven begin!

After our story about Esther during tonight's devotion, Andrew told me "I want to be baptized" with such urgency.  We've had this discussion before and so I asked why.  He seriously told me, "Because I want to follow Jesus."  His intensity caught my attention.  I stopped what I was doing and sat down on his bed.  When I asked for more details I was astounded at his serious answers.  He knew that Jesus had died for his sins (like when he does bad things at school and hurts his brothers) and that Jesus loves him very much.  I called Todd in and the two of us talked with him some more, trying to determine whether or not he truly understand the importance of this decision.  We both felt that he did and we asked him if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus to move into his heart and be as Andrew put it, "be in charge".  He said he did and we had the priviledge of listening to our precious six year old ask for forgiveness, ask Jesus to move into his heart forever and to be in charge.  He was so excited and wanted to share this moment with his teacher (we love you Ms. O), his grandparents, and his Aunt Sharon.  I shared with Andrew that his Mimi was celebrating with the angels over his decision.  How special to know she is a part of this as well.  What a fabulous day!

No comments: