Merry
Christmas from the Pridemores 2012
I remember
being a young child and hearing older people talk about how quickly time would
go once I got older. It sounded so
ridiculous, that time would speed up as I aged.
I felt like I had to wait forever for the next holiday or special
occasion. But, now that I am older I am
finding time to move at warp speed. I am
sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we have three super busy boys
(ages 9, 7 and 4), two busy jobs and all the things that go with them. It must just be that time has sped up. J Well,
as we end another year I am profoundly aware of the ways our children are
growing into young gentleman right before our very eyes and what a blessing it
is to get to be here for each moment, even if the moments are going way too
fast.
Josh is
now in 4th grade and loving it!
He is enjoying the Eagle Program at school yet again and loves getting
to work with his amazing teacher. He also
loves his regular classroom that just happens to contain his two best
buddies. I’m sure there is lots of
learning going on, but that is only thanks to his other amazing teacher. She does a great job of making sure he is
challenged and is teaching him to step outside of his box a little. He joined a competitive soccer team this year
and loved getting to play fast paced U10 soccer. He learned quite a bit about being part of a
team and making new friends. And we
learned how to keep our mouths’ shut on the sidelines. J It was
so much fun!
Andrew is
now in first grade and learning to read.
As the first grade reading teacher in his building I get to enjoy seeing
him multiple times throughout the day.
Sometimes he makes me so proud of his deep thinking and hard work. Sometimes he gets the Momma eye to remind him
to stop talking to his friends. He
definitely has a lot of his Momma in him, poor kid. Andrew played soccer this year also and is
beginning his basketball season this month.
He has such a gift for making new friends and caring for others that he
quickly loves any new situation as long as he can interact with people. We are so enjoying getting to watch him
become more confident with his growing skills, whether academic or athletic.
Titus is
still in preschool at wonderful Child’s World.
He loves getting to see his friends and often shares the new ways he has
discovered to entertain them. We are
working on learning the right times to entertain and how to be a better
listener at the other times. We have had
many days, as of late, of celebration for great choices at school and we love
it! He continues to amaze us with his
natural athletic ability and gift for evangelism. In fact, one of his teachers recently told me
he thought Titus would grow up to be the next Tim Tebow. No matter what he grows up to be Titus is
certainly going to keep us on our toes and make us proud, all at the same
time.
Todd just
celebrated his one year anniversary at The Food Bank for Central and Northeast
Missouri and loves his work. He is now
the Development Team Supervisor and spends his days not only making sure the
fundraising event s of The Food Bank go off without a hitch, but also tries to
help members of the development to be able to do their jobs to the fullest. He continues to love hunting, fishing and
everything else outside. He is a Bass
Pro hunting pro staffer and writes for their blog as well as two newspapers
about his outside antics. It’s always
interesting to see what he has said about us. J
I am in my
second year as First Grade Reading Teacher at Southern Boone Primary. I think I have finally figured out how to
balance cooking and working full time.
However, my house cleaning has definitely taken a hit with being gone so
much of the day and then trying to get homework, baths and other necessities
done when I get home. I continue to
enjoy running and managed to squeeze in a few races this year.
Even
though time is flying past, and I fear will only go quicker as the boys get
bigger and busier, we are so grateful for all the ways God has blessed our
year. As always, we hope that you have had
a year full of God’s grace, peace and love as well. Please keep us in your prayers as we keep you
in ours. Merry Christmas!
Love,
Todd, Carolyn, Josh, Andrew Titus

No comments:
Post a Comment